2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, sliced
2 carrots, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 28-ounce can no-salt-added plum tomatoes, undrained
1 cup Else prepared with 1 cup water + 4 scoops Else
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Add onion and saute until just softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and saute till fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add carrots and pepper and saute another 4 minutes.
- Add pumpkin puree, basil, oregano, tomato paste, and canned tomatoes. Lightly break up the canned tomatoes with a spoon. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Working in batches, transfer sauce to blender and blend until smooth. Pour sauce back into the skillet set over medium-low heat, stir in the prepared Else, and heat a few minutes more.
- Serve over your child’s favorite freshly cooked pasta.
Note: For meat sauce, add browned ground beef or turkey to the sauce after pureeing.
Per 4-ounce serving (sauce only):
Fat: 6 grams
Saturated Fat: Less than 1 gram
Sodium: 50 grams
Carbohydrate: 18 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Total Sugar: 8 grams
Added Sugar: Less than 1 gram
Protein: 3 grams
Reset your password
We will send you an email to reset your password.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.