Finding the right hot cocoa recipe when you’re trying to avoid dairy, soy and refined sugar isn’t that simple. That's where Else comes in. Treat your kids with this warm, comforting and nutritious treat after a fun day outside in the snow.
Makes approximately four 4-ounce (½ cup) servings or two 8-ounce (1 cup) servings
2 cups filtered water
8 scoops Else toddler formula
2 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder
1 tbsp + 1 tsp pure maple syrup
1 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips (use dairy-free variety if preferred)
½ tsp pure vanilla extract, optional
- Combine water, Else, and cacao in a medium sized saucepan set over medium-high heat. Whisk ingredients together until smooth. Heat mixture until simmering.
- Add chocolate chips and maple syrup, stirring until chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract, if using.
- Divide hot chocolate evenly into mugs. Top with marshmallows or whipped topping, if desired, and enjoy warm.
Note: For a flavor twist, try adding 1-2 teaspoons of your favorite natural nut butter, such as peanut or almond butter, to the saucepan with the other ingredients.
Per 4-ounce (½ cup) serving:
Fat: 5.5 grams
Saturated Fat: Less than 1 gram
Carbohydrate: 17 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Total Sugar: 6.75 grams
Added Sugar: 6.25 grams
Protein: 3 grams
Per 8-ounce (1 cup) serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.75 grams
Carbohydrate: 35 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Total Sugar: 13.5 grams
Added Sugar: 12.5 grams
Protein: 6 grams
Reset your password
We will send you an email to reset your password.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.