2 cups filtered water
8 scoops Else toddler formula
2 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder
1 tbsp + 1 tsp pure maple syrup
1 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips (use dairy-free variety if preferred)
½ tsp pure vanilla extract, optional
- Combine water, Else, and cacao in a medium sized saucepan set over medium-high heat. Whisk ingredients together until smooth. Heat mixture until simmering.
- Add chocolate chips and maple syrup, stirring until chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract, if using.
- Divide hot chocolate evenly into mugs. Top with marshmallows or whipped topping, if desired, and enjoy warm.
Note: For a flavor twist, try adding 1-2 teaspoons of your favorite natural nut butter, such as peanut or almond butter, to the saucepan with the other ingredients.
Per 4-ounce (½ cup) serving:
Fat: 5.5 grams
Saturated Fat: Less than 1 gram
Carbohydrate: 17 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Total Sugar: 6.75 grams
Added Sugar: 6.25 grams
Protein: 3 grams
Per 8-ounce (1 cup) serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.75 grams
Carbohydrate: 35 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Total Sugar: 13.5 grams
Added Sugar: 12.5 grams
Protein: 6 grams
Reset your password
We will send you an email to reset your password.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.