1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
2 cloves of garlic
2 cups cauliflower florets
2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, chopped (about 2 cups)
½ cup no salt added chicken or veggie stock
1 cup Else prepared with 1 cup water + 4 scoops Else
Pinch ground nutmeg
⅛ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp dried thyme
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large saucepan or dutch oven. Add onion and saute until just softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and saute till fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add cauliflower, potato, stock, prepared Else, and spices. Bring to a boil, then cover the pot, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until cauliflower and potato are cooked through. (Test doneness by piercing a piece of cauliflower and potato with a fork or small knife.)
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup in the pot or, working in batches, transfer soup to a blender and blend until smooth. If soup is too thick, thin with additional broth or water.
- It’s not recommended to add salt to baby food. If serving this soup to other family members, remove the baby's portion first and then season the remaining portions to taste with salt.
- You can also transfer the pureed soup to an ice cube tray or other freezer-safe mold to make smaller portions for your baby. Freeze solid overnight, then transfer to a freezer-safe container or storage bag and store in the freezer up to 6 months. Thaw and reheat before serving to your baby.
Per 4-ounce serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Saturated Fat: Less than 1 gram
Sodium: 28 milligrams
Carbohydrate: 19 grams
Fiber: 2.5 grams
Total Sugar: 3 grams
Added Sugar: Less than 1 gram
Protein: 4 gramsNote: It’s recommended to use homemade stock when preparing recipes for children to control the amount of sodium. If you use store-bought, choose a no salt added product
Reset your password
We will send you an email to reset your password.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.