1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (use gluten-free if needed)
1 cup Else prepared with 1 cup water + 4 scoops Else
1 tbsp ground flax seed
½ cup steamed and mashed peeled sweet potato (about ½ large sweet potato)
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp baking powder
2 pitted medjool dates
Cooking spray, for greasing the pan
- Place oats in a blender and process until they reach a powder-like consistency.
- Add prepared Else, flax seed, sweet potato, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder, and dates to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Coat a skillet or griddle with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Lower heat to medium and ladle 2 tablespoons of batter for each pancake onto the pan. Cook each pancake 4-5 minutes, then flip and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Check a pancake for doneness and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve topped with nut butter, fruit, or your child’s favorite topping.
Note: Cooking these pancakes slowly over lower heat is preferred to prevent burning the pancakes.
For 2 pancake each made with 2 tablespoons of batter
Fat: 2 grams
Saturated Fat: Less than 1 gram
Sodium: 11 milligrams
Carbohydrate: 17 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Total Sugar: 5 grams
Added Sugar: Less than 1 gram
Protein: 2.5 grams
Reset your password
We will send you an email to reset your password.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.